A helper tool to explore/browse folders in .efu files in Everything.
Similar to folder navigation in Windows Explorer.
Useful for browsing indexes of offline drives.
Tested with Everything 184.108.40.2067
Setup Everything to work with Everything Efu Explorer
1 Go to Tools > Options > Keyboard
and add shortcut "Ctrl+Y" for command "File | Close File List"
2 Go to View and enable Status Bar
3 Click Results header and enable the column "Type"
How to use
- Run everything_efu_explorer
- In Everything type ext:efu to search for .efu files
- Select an .efu file and press Enter or Alt+Enter or Alt+Right to open the .efu in Everything
When the .efu is open in Everything
- Alt+Enter = close the .efu file list
- Enter or Alt+Right = navigate into selected folder
- Alt+Left or Alt+Up = navigate to parent folder
Tips and Notes
Tip: add everything_efu_explorer to the Windows startup folder.
Note: everything_efu_explorer is "feature request ware". I hope the Everything developer likes it and makes these features native.
When a .efu file is loaded Everything lists all files/folders in the index matching the search string. But it can be useful to browse a drive index folder by folder, like when navigating through folders in Explorer. That is what Everything Efu Explorer enables. This makes it more convenient to use Everything as a cataloger for offline drives or discs.
Note: Everything Efu Explorer only works on already existing .efu files.
Steps to manually create an .efu file index for a single whole drive:
- Open Everything
- Enable the option Menu > Search > Match Path
- Search the drive. For example enter search string C:
- Menu > File > Export
A script to automatically save drive indexes to .efu files is available here.
Discussion forum: Here
change: require ctrl+Y as shortcut in Everything for Close File List (old: ctrl+L)
change: parse drive letter from second line of the .efu (old: parse drive from _C in filename)
fix put paths inside quotes
- Downloads 334
- File Size 817.56 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date May 8, 2018
- Last update 2018-05-08 17:45:39
- Last Updated May 9, 2018